Today was my first day at DAK (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)!
(Tree of LIFE at DAK)
It is so overwhelming! DAK is HUGE! You can fit the other three parks inside of it plus more!
I had to be there bright and early this morning at 5:45am to start the Monday 6:00am bacteria sampling! YAY!
I had to be there bright and early this morning at 5:45am to start the Monday 6:00am bacteria sampling! YAY!
It was so cool though! There are SOOO many sites we sample from. Although it seems almost impossible to remember the site names and locations..Hippo East, Black Rino, AS1, SC, etc..it will all come to me soon enough.
I am loving the faster pace at Animal Kingdom. Having so many sites, we are go go go all day collecting. There is also a lot of guest interaction. We have to go “on stage” or in the park more than at Epcot. People ask questions like..”What are you doing?...What is that for?...Where is Expedition Everest?” Haha. I actually enjoy it. Seeing little kids and families get so excited to be in DISNEY will never get old.
My leader at DAK is Jay. He is only a year or two older than me which is great. He was an Intern for two terms so it neat to hear his experiences and learn from them.
The lab work is pretty much the same as the Seas except at DAK we deal with freshwater systems instead of salt. So we still do all the same tests with a few variations. I am still trying to get the hang of things, but it seems like it will all catch on soon.
Bottom line…
I AM LOVING EVERY MINUTE!
I AM LOVING EVERY MINUTE!


No comments:
Post a Comment