Monday, January 24, 2011

DOLPHINS!

There is NEVER a dull moment in my day.
First off..our sting ray had BABIES! 3 of them! They are so little and so cute!
I decided I should name them.  Maybe Huey, Dewey, and Louie?
But Puerto Rico (the other Chemistry Intern) didn’t know who they were. So I thought maybe Harry Potter names?
Puerto Rico replied:  “Oh Yessss…Harry, Hermione, and Jack”
WHAAAAAAAAT????? I laughed so hard.  “Jack?”
Puerto Rico: “Yes, Jack. The one with the red hair”.
Puerto Rico is a character but I need to update him on his Harry Potter skills! He is trying to teach me some Spanish. I am getting better at rolling my rrrrrrrrrrrr’s.
Mondays at the Seas = FULL CHEMISTRY work up day.  We collect samples from all the sites at the Seas, along with Japan and Aqua Cell, and run loads of tests. I don’t know if I mentioned it yet or not, but Aqua Cell is part of the Living with the Land attraction!
(Conveniently I stole this from Derek's Maelstrom album b/c it shows the fish tank I work with)

YES CODY WINKELMAN!..I am IN the Living with the Land ride. Haha. When we go collect our sample
and take probe readings the little green boats full of guests float right on by. I’ve even had my picture taken a few times. I guess we look pretty official.
My favorite FAVORITE part of the day happened while we were taking gas pressure readings in the main tank. The aquarium team was getting ready for a Dolphin show!
The guests are down looking through the windows in the main viewing area. But what they don't see is a Dolphin trainer on a platform at the surface of the main tank giving the dolphins signals and rewards. She asked if we wanted to watch. IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL. They are so smart. I got to see them do flips and several tricks. After they were done, she signaled the dolphins to say “HELLO” to us. They came RIGHT UP by our feet and splashed their tails in the water. Haha. The trainer told us to wave our left hand and the dolphins came up and flapped their fin. I could have high-fived them! I have never been that close to a dolphin before. It was so special. It made me appreciate my job even more. It is a great feeling knowing I am part of the team responsible to keep their environment clean and HAPPY.

Tomorrow I get to drive the company vehicle. That’s right…ME..CARLY JOEHL..will be behind the wheel of a Walt Disney World Chevy Equinox. Should be a good time! I told my boss I would practice driving on my way home today.

2 comments:

  1. you better practice driving. Florida isn't like Clark Road....hahaha you have to go SLOW around turns! Crazy CARL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First: Glad my album could help!

    Secondly: Living With the Land?! UGH! Glad you're having a lot of fun, though, Carly!

    ReplyDelete