Monday, January 17, 2011

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!

I finally got to meet one of my Chemistry managers today! His name is Nick and he is in charge of the Seas Analytical Lab at Epcot. IT IS SO COOL! I forgot how much I missed being in a lab environment.
At Epcot I will be helping with water quality control at The Seas. Obviously, the animals deposit waste and the Chemistry team was started to help get rid of the nitrates in the water. So I will be making sure the pH levels of the water are at the proper value for the animals to live in naturally. I guess I never really noticed that the water is SO clear! And I will be one of the people helping with that!

(Backstage of the Seas Building)
There are also 2 Analytical Labs in the Seas building. It is just like any Chemistry lab I have worked at in college: beakers, erlenmeyer flasks, HPLC, hot plates, stirrers, pH meters, centrifuges, and SO MUCH MORE!
I also found out that I will be traveling around to 4 different places: Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Typhoon Lagoon. That is all I really know about my job right now. I was only with Nick for an hour or so then had to go get my COSTUME! Yay. Green collared shirt with some high wasted khakis and boots…it doesn’t get any better. I will put a picture up soon.
I was supposed to have Seas training all day, but it POURED RAIN.
Yes..Wendy, Laura, Nick, Matt, Cody, DC, and Jeremy..picture Disney 09.
Since we weren’t able to walk around Epcot and learn about the park, we got to leave early for the day! However, that means 10 long hours of training tomorrow. I should start with the actual Chemistry team on Wednesday and am so excited!

After I got home, Pennsylvania and I baked cookies and went to the gym.
OOOK... So I provided the chocolate chips and Pennsylvania baked the cookies.
I LOVE my roommates.

3 comments:

  1. I want to believe differently, but from my/your experience, I can only assume it's nothing but torrential downpours in Disney all day everyday.

    Other than that, glad to hear everything is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went to college to work with fish poop?
    Hey! Blog on, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ken...hahaha carly plays with fish poop!

    ReplyDelete