BEST DAY EVER….so far.
My training “officially” started this morning by attending Disney Traditions at the Disney University (right behind Magic Kingdom).
As Walt said:
“You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world.. but it requires people to make the dream a reality.”
“You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world.. but it requires people to make the dream a reality.”
I learned today that I AM THAT PEOPLE! Yay.
We went through the history of the company: past, present, and future.
I now know…
that Walt’s middle name is Elias
Oswald the lucky rabbit was stolen from him
Mickey’s original name was Mortimer
Snow White was his first BIG success in 1937
and SOOOOOOOOO much more!
I now know…
that Walt’s middle name is Elias
Oswald the lucky rabbit was stolen from him
Mickey’s original name was Mortimer
Snow White was his first BIG success in 1937
and SOOOOOOOOO much more!
About half way through the class, the leaders put a secret bag on each of our tables. Inside the bag were whisper units (aka headsets). As Cast Members we were learning to always be aware of safety, courtesy, efficiency, and show. Instead of sitting though a boring PowerPoint, they decided the best way to learn would be to see for ourselves. Yes…we were going to the MAGIC KINGDOM! And not just the MAGIC KINGDOM…but UNDERGROUND Magic Kingdom.
I thought I was going to faint. I had heard of this secret underground world beneath the surface but never in a million years thought I would get to actually see it. It is called the Utilidor and is basically a way for Cast Members to get around the park. I have never thought of it before, but out of all the times I have been to Disney, I have never seen a worker enter or leave the park. Pretty cool. Correction: REALLY COOL.
One of my roommates, Pennsylvania, was in my group and it was neat to share this experience with her. She had never been to Magic Kingdom or seen the Castle. I was in total shock. But I think she enjoyed herself!
We entered the Magic Kingdom using the Utilidor and came above ground to the park using secret doors that guests never see. I was on overload. This experience taught us to view the Magic Kingdom through the eyes of a Cast Member rather than a guest. It truly was magical!
After 5 long hours, our Traditions training was complete. However, as we were getting ready to leave...there was a knock on the door….and in walked the one and only MICKEY MOUSE! WOOO WHOOOO. He came to congratulate us on becoming official Cast Members and presented us with our name tags.
IT IS FINALLY REAL! AHHHHHHH.
Such an exciting day, but very tiring. After the class was over I ventured to Walmart and got groceries and a few last minute things for my room. I am finally all settled! A GREAT FEELING! Tomorrow I have training early again. This time at Animal Kingdom which is one of the parks I will be working at. There is never a dull moment here and I am loving it more and more with each new experience.
I know it is probably super top secret but I would love to see these "secret" doors!!! It sounds so confidential! Ps. Is that Pennsylvania in the picture??
ReplyDeleteYES LING. It is Pennsylvania.
ReplyDeleteand I took a few pics of the doors, but I am trying to be careful on what I upload on here. I dont want to get in trouble before my first real day of work! :)
I MISS YOU.