How I missed the Seas! It is good to be back! Dolphins, manatees, fish, fish, and more fish.
(One of the coral tanks)
Monday I was the only Intern and loved being able to do things on my own. I have been at Animal Kingdom for almost 3 straight weeks so I had to put my thinking cap on! Not too hard though. I finished everything ahead of schedule, because that is how I roll!
Yesterday was an EXCITING day because we released 1 of our manatees, Jasper, into the wild. But no worries, because we received a new manatee, Vail, from SeaWorld!
Since manatees weigh around 1200 pounds, they were both hoisted in and out of the pool by a crane through the ceiling. Woah! Luckily I was able to partake in the action as moral support! IT WAS SO COOL! A lot of work..but SO SO COOL!
Welcome to the family Vail!
I also found out that you get free Ghirardelli chocolate squares everytime you walk into the Ghirardelli shop at DowntownDisney. WHO KNEW? My boss couldn’t believe I had never gotten one so he said maybe tomorrow we can eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich followed by a nice chocolate square. My fingers are crossed!
Today I worked HARD! YAY SCIENCE!
Yesterday was an EXCITING day because we released 1 of our manatees, Jasper, into the wild. But no worries, because we received a new manatee, Vail, from SeaWorld!
Since manatees weigh around 1200 pounds, they were both hoisted in and out of the pool by a crane through the ceiling. Woah! Luckily I was able to partake in the action as moral support! IT WAS SO COOL! A lot of work..but SO SO COOL!
Welcome to the family Vail!
I also found out that you get free Ghirardelli chocolate squares everytime you walk into the Ghirardelli shop at DowntownDisney. WHO KNEW? My boss couldn’t believe I had never gotten one so he said maybe tomorrow we can eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich followed by a nice chocolate square. My fingers are crossed!
Today I worked HARD! YAY SCIENCE!
Lots and LOTS of experiments! I was in the lab most of the day, but I have people who make it fun. My best friend... George... usually tends to stop in when I am really concentrated and tries to mess me up. He thinks he is SO FUNNY. We are all just a big happy family!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it here. I have a feeling the time is going to go so fast so I am trying to soak everything in.
And saving the best news for last..
My family comes TOMORROW!!! I probably won't be able to see them until after I get off work on Friday though... but I AM SO EXCITED and so ready to spend time with them.
MOM, DAD, JANSEN, AND TAYLOR I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment