Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hippo!

I LOVE MY JOB. I can’t say it enough!
Monday was bacteria sampling day at Animal Kingdom, which meant an early 6:00am morning!
BUT, I did get encounter a Hippo as we were probing Hippo River East. I was waiting for the reading to stabilize and sure enough a HIPPO POPS UP RIGHT OUT OF THE WATER!! It scared ME, but was SO COOL! I love being able to be around all the animals. It keeps my day interesting!
Tuesday Puerto Rico and I had a review at the Seas since we hadn’t been there in 2 weeks. It felt like so long. I missed the “salt water”! To celebrate the END of training, the whole Chemistry Team (Me, Jay, Sarah, Nick, Jonathan, and our boss Kent) went out to eat for lunch. It was a nice treat and fun to get away during work hours! I'M OFFICIAL NOW! YAY!
I am scheduled at Animal Kingdom for the rest of the week. Today I got to do the rounds with Sarah. She was an Intern last semester and decided to extend. I learned she has an autograph book that she has filled with almost EVERY character's autograph since her internship besides 2 or 3. Something I may have to start.
As we were walking the tunnels of Animal Kingdom Lodge to sample from the pelican pool, none other than "Hungry Like a Wolf" came on the radio.
Which REALLY made me miss my best friends....
(Grahmble Disney 09' minus crippled Nick)

Don't get me wrong..I am lovin' Disney. LOVE LOVE LOVE. But it is not the same without the Grahmbles. [hint hint PLEASE VISIT]

Tomorrow I will be the only Intern with Jay, meaning I will be doing most of the experiments on my own. Which I am actually excited about because I will be able to work at my own pace. AND hopefully I will finish early so we can go ride Safari! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this pic. If nick coulda helped we would have pulled that darn sword out for sure. And become Disney royalty forever

    ReplyDelete