There was a leak found in one of our ozone pipes and in order to fix it, the whole system had to be shut down for 2 days. Meaning filtration and all pumps were offline. This left the main tank water stagnant. The water is 26 feet deep and flows at a rate of about 35,000 gallons per minute.
Needless to say, this kept me busy as a Chemist because we had to make sure the conditions were just right for the animals. I was constantly asked to check the gas pressure, pH, and dissolved oxygen readings to make sure everything was still in range. Luckily we didn’t run into any problems.
(Top view of part of the Main Tank..SO MUCH WATER)
Jay came over from Animal Kingdom today to help. This made my work day interesting. He decided to “scare” me to the point of screaming three times throughout the day. Let’s just say I am not a fan of people jumping out of corners or hiding behind closed doors. My brother, Jansen, does that to me enough at home.
I do believe I ended up hitting Jay once as a reaction. BUT to make it up to me, we went to eat lunch at my favorite place…EARL OF SANDWICH!! So it turned out to be a great day in the end.
I left work with the system offline and everything should be up and running like normal tomorrow, so WE WILL SEE!Although life was busy busy, I also had a lot of fun…
One of my favorite parts of driving to work in the morning is seeing the security guards at the entrance gate. I am called “princess” and they always talk my ear off. Today Juan opened my passenger door of my car and started to get in. He wanted to leave with me. Once I told him we would be doing chemistry all day, he quickly got out and locked the door. He also informed me that one of the guards is a SeaWorld spy so to always be watching. Tends to get my days off to a great start!
I also love getting to see George. His stories are priceless. He told me there are 4 Scuba Mickeys. I only knew of three, but he later told me that when I tried on Mickey’s head I became the 4th! WHOA! LIFE GOAL COMPLETE! He also let me borrow a poncho on Tuesday when it decided to RAIN because he didn’t want me to melt into a pile of sugar because I am so sweet. Haha. I am going to miss him so much! He has become family!
I really am getting sad because I only have about 2 months of my internship left. I am SOOO EXCITED to finally start school again, but will also miss everyone here.
Just means I will have to visit more! :)
CARL!!! YOUR HAIR IS GETTING SOOOOO LONG! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!! :) LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete